1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting article on Suzie Zuzek, the artist behind the early Lilly Pulitzer prints

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by MagsRags, May 15, 2020.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

What a great article! Thanks for sharing, Maggie. Nice to hear she is getting her due, sad she didn't when she was still with us.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

very interesting indeed - I was aware of the basic origin story of Lilly Pulitzer, but didn't even know that the modern brand doesn't have anything to do reall with the original one. I've only ever come across newer items in secondhand or consignment shops...

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

What a great article! And what great luck to discover her original designs in the sub-flooring of a warehouse. I recently listed a Key West Hand Print piece, so it was especially timely.

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

You're right, those are the most FAB prints I've ever seen from that label! And I had no idea either about the print design.

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

so glad you found this article and shared it here, Maggie!! and a huge thanks to Smith for researching and then investing in Zuzek's archived designs. would love to see them come to life again!! this is all so fabulous!!

7. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

8. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love her work!! This thread sent me digging and I found the name of the print on my favorite vintage Lilly piece finally yay!

Metro Retro Vintage and MagsRags like this.
  9. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

Interesting! I wonder if she designed exclusively for Pulitzer or if many of the other Key West designs were hers too. I would imagine she did double duty until Pulitzer got so busy. Thanks for sharing!