1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a name for this particular type of ladies accessories

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Avantbo, Aug 4, 2020.

  1. Avantbo

    Avantbo Registered Guest

    Can any one help,

    Is there a generic name given to this ladies type of Tie?

    Attached Files:

  2. The Vintage Vendeuse

    The Vintage Vendeuse Trade Member

  3. Retro Ruth

    Retro Ruth Administrator Staff Member

    I thought jabot too. They are typically more ruffled or flounced than this. I don't know of another term though, and I would certainly describe this as a jabot.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

    The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

    also referred to as a cravat. i have also seen them called tuxedo ties.
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. mags_rags

    mags_rags Trade Member

    It looks like the clip-on tie version of an ascot to me.
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  6. Rue_de_la_Paix

    Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

    I would say a cravat, as Ruth suggested. Oops! I mean...Mary!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  7. Retro Ruth

    Retro Ruth Administrator Staff Member

    Actually that was Mary!

    I think Ascot is relevant as well...
  8. Avantbo

    Avantbo Registered Guest

    Thanks to everyone who replied.

    On the side of the box they are in I had marked it Jabots? and then stored them.

    I showed them to a friend recently and she said they were ladies Cravats.

    I always thought, like Ruth, Jabots, male/female, were more ruffled or lacey, some of the others I have are.

    I'm not sure what an Ascot looks like, perhaps someone could post a picture.

    I'll play safe for now and keep box marked up as Jabots.

    Much appreciated everyone.
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  9. Retro Ruth

    Retro Ruth Administrator Staff Member

    An Ascot can refer to a few similar accessories, but essentially it's a long scarf, tied high near the neck, so the long ends fall down at the front of the shirt, or are tucked into an open shirt. Can be worn by men and women.
  10. Avantbo

    Avantbo Registered Guest

    Ok, Yes, Thanks Ruth, I know what you mean, Ascots, I will remember that.
    Thanks again.
    denisebrain and Retro Ruth like this.

Share This Page