1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an official name for this combo?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by roquelaure, Nov 2, 2020.

  1. roquelaure

    roquelaure Registered Guest

    I recently hit a vintage lingerie jackpot, and amongst lots of other goodies scored five pairs of these beauties in various colors. I’m coming up with a complete blank of what to call them though- not sure if I’m having a senior moment, or if they don’t have an official term or what. Early 60’s, made by “Caressable Bra by Empire Foundations”. The waist is firm girdle material, the undies soft lace, and garters completely sewn in. So, not quite a girdle, not quite panties, not quite a garter belt...? 834144BD-3595-499E-931A-BF1D0642A4D2.jpeg E88C7FFE-2BCD-4A5F-8E6A-0FC0FAD76E1E.jpeg
  2. poppysvintageclothing

    poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

  3. Midge

    Midge Trade Member

  4. amandainvermont

    amandainvermont Trade Member

    I don't know if we have a lingerie expert member posting these days, but I'm guessing there's not a name for this particular combination.

    It's kind of a waist cinch/lace panties/ garters combo.
  5. pastperfect2

    pastperfect2 Trade Member

  6. poppysvintageclothing

    poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

  7. Barbara Robson

    Barbara Robson Registered Guest

    'Suspender Knickers' or 'Suspender Panties' if you run a general search through Etsy. A good few that appear in the search are very similar to the ones in the photos. Ebay too. That's what we apparently call them here in England. Over in the Rebellious Colonies (lol) you might call them 'Garter Belt Panties' but that sounds a bit cumbersome. I've just invented the term 'sussiepants' - hopefully that'll sum it up! Either way, I think they're fab. Nice haul!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020

Share This Page