1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a real levi jacket?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Thriftflipper93, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Thriftflipper93

Thriftflipper93 Registered Guest

I picked this jacket up at the thrift store the other day. The Label is different, and I haven't been able to find a similar one online. Plus the tab is brown, which I also cannot find.
    I know this piece is not vintage, I just would like to know if its authentic or not.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Levis made in China are fairly recent. 2002. So these aren't, you are correct, vintage. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe Levis has been using brown tabs since the mid-late 1990s.

3. Thriftflipper93, welcome to the forums. We can't authenticate for you here: it's best if you can take it to an expert who can study the garment in person and answer your question. Levis are widely copied and some of the fakes are pretty good.

4. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

When I put in the RN number, this is what is listed as owner
    • NEWPORT SPORTSWEAR LLC
      RN 108480

APPAREL
      16902 VON KARMAN AVE.
      Address Line 2

City
      IRVINE
      State
      California
      Zip
    • It's possible they are a subcontractor, but I'm not sure

I do believe Levi's products always have the same WPL number for vintage as well as current products. WPL 423 LEVI STRAUSS AND CO INC

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. Thriftflipper93

Thriftflipper93 Registered Guest

Thank you for the help everyone!