1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this YSL real or fake? Dating these jeans

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by June Kim, Aug 18, 2019.

1. June Kim

June Kim Registered Guest

I couldn't find anything online about it so I would love the help of you experts!

Thank you! IMG_1442.jpg

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

We don't answer any 'real or fake' questions on this forum. Please read forum rules

3. June Kim

Oh I'm sorry I'm new so I didn't know. Should I delete the thread? I actually just tried deleting it but I don't know how to...

In any case - I'd love to know the date of these jeans if anyone knows!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

If you show us a full photo of the jeans front and back, we can try to help id the time frame. Any detailing such as the button and zipper also.

5. June Kim

Thank you! I saw a somewhat similar tag on the guild and I think they might be 1980s, although I'm unsure. back.jpg button.jpg front.jpg pocket.jpg

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hopefully someone else here is more familiar with jean cuts than I am. Thanks for posting the other photos. I added dating these jeans to your title.

June Kim likes this.
  7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm no jeans expert but that finish (bleach wash or snow wash) was popular in the 80s. The shape looks 80s too. But I can't remember if both the wash and the shape carried on into the 90s.

June Kim likes this.
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The faded finish and highish waist -- I think may be early 90s. I think of the late 80s as being more about stone and acid wash. Here's a 1992 advert for Calvin Klein with similar looking jeans:
    CPD687.jpg

June Kim and Retro Ruth like this.