1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's a good day when

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by glamoursurf, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

This makes me smile. I'm so glad you got the suit and that it's everything you had hoped. I see $$$$$$$!

2. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Wow!! That is SO awesome!!

3. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

I rarely go out in public in a swimsuit, but I'd be proud to wear one like that!

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

amazing!

5. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Even the hang tag and label are amazing:beach:...

6. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

I cant say it any better than Kristine, just want to add one more :wow22: and congrats on a great score! :drinkingtoast:

7. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Thank you everyone, I really adore this suit. I love these 'hand prints' ones and wish I could find out more about them. I know there are table cloth 'California hand prints' but did clothing manufactures make anything? IThey seem to be from the 40's. I wish Catalina had a historian like Jantzen does.

8. Wow! I can't add anything to everyone else's comments - just the cutest. The. Cutest!

Nicole

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

OMG - just amazing!!!!! Gee, I wish I could have something like that - man, that would be a sight at the local public pool here (and almost in style - the whole thing was built in 1939 and the buildings are quite stylish).

Karin

10. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I think your guess at 1949 was right on. Here is a 1949 ad:

[​IMG]

11. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

wow Lynne thanks!

12. boncly

boncly VFG Member