1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've actually got my website started! Add your Website ideas here!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by fuzzylizzie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. noir_boudoir

noir_boudoir Registered Guest

That looks great, Lizzie - I really like the way you lay out those newsletter articles. Just going back to take a look.

Thinking it might be great to have links to everyone's random-obsessional-research-write-ups between our websites (also good for search engines...)

2. noir_boudoir

one extra thought - it's taking a while for my machine to get the images from sparedollar for these.

It might be easier - if you have the moments to spare, cos it'll be a little fiddly - to load the images onto Bravenet and link within the same storage space. Hence quicker loading (I think). I don't know what the limit is, but I think it's biiiig.

L

(actually scratch that - they're loading fine now!)

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I need to play with the size on some of the pictures and free up some space on Sparedollar anyway, so that's on the to-do list.

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Okay, I switched over all the pictures in the Tammis Keefe article to bravenet, so please let me know if they are loading any faster!

And Lin, I really like the Ghosts of Mayfair page. Another Mayfair label I'd like to know more about is Ricci Michaels.

5. noir_boudoir

Oh, I know - I really want to know more too! And now I'm tempted to buy any dress with an old fashioned 'model' label in it, just to clock up another obscure dressmaker/showroom...

I'd love to buy volumes and volumes of magazines, just to start getting my bearings on some of these, but I'm moving in a few months, and I'm terrified I won't have space for what I've got already.

I guess I'll have to rely on random digressions in the library...

That page is there mainly to remind me to keep looking for stuff, and to stick up things I want to know more about. You never know who'll come along and decide to e-mail anyway. I like the idea of having a slowly changing work-in-progress page with annotations.

Off to take another look at fuzzylizzie.com!
    L

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That looks great!

now if i could only figure out where to upload something in my directory i would be in business! i know how to do it, just don't know how to put it in the right place.

8. Patentleathershoes

Just bumping up in case Jamie (bugs) wants to join us :)

9. Patentleathershoes

Oh yippee!!

I have got myself straightened all out! (or should i say Deb ever so patiently helped straighten me all out.) I was in a momentary technical brain freeze that was very painful, but now i am happy to report that i have an UNDER CONSTRUCTION PAGE!! that makes me soooo happy.

I am going to do a few more little things and then will show you all in the next few days!!!

YIPPEE!

Chris

10. Patentleathershoes

11. noir_boudoir

Great idea!!

I think she should be called Juliet (but I'm not abiding by the rules, so disqualify me!)

L

12. Patentleathershoes

should i consider that an official entry ? :)

i am going to have a new newsletter issue soon. I wanted to finish the page firse so people will have something to look at.

13. Looking good Lizzie :USETHUMBUP:

Is the mod Lilli Ann from your personal collection?? It's FAB- U-LOUS!!

Keep up the nice work :clapping:

14. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I sold the LilliAnn about 2 years ago (whenever the last mod craze was) for about $250. It was a great example, but didn't fit, so I was happy with the price it brought!

Cute idea, Chris!

L

15. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Cool you guys! The next Babylon Mall newsletter scheduled for next week will also feature one of Lizzie's articles.

It's fun looking at all your websites!

Deb

16. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I've started an online journal that you can reach from the homepage. It features my actual travel journal, if anyone wants to take a peek.

Also, I can do links from the journal, and I'd love to add links to vfgers' websites, so let me know if you want to be included! I added Lin's as an example.

Lizzie

17. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

You have been quite busy Lizzie.
    I have too. I just got my setup.
    I know the feeling about learning something new everyday and what a major feat it is just to get something simple to work as linking 2 things together or getting a link to actually work.
    It looks great. Keep up the good work!!!

Jamie:kiss2:

18. noir_boudoir

Cool!!!

Off to look...

:bouncy:
    (this smiley should be called 'caffeinated')

19. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I've added another entry from my travel journal if any of you want to take a peek. This one is the Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC.

Lizzie

20. Patentleathershoes

Thanks for the heads up Lizzie, I enjoyed it!

My site finally has a few respectable pages, but i am slowly plugging along.