1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Izod Lacoste For Her date??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by JosieIvy, Mar 1, 2019.

1. JosieIvy

JosieIvy Registered Guest

Hey there! I acquired an Izod Lacoste For Her jacket at an estate sale. Tag says WPL 1100, and back of brand tag says PHL 50. It's a light blue zip up jacket with white stripes around the neck wrists and hip. Has pockets and vent holes under the arms. Anyone have any idea how old this is? Thanks for reading!!
    upload_2019-3-1_8-53-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-1_8-54-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-1_8-56-34.jpeg

2. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

looks about late 80s

3. JosieIvy

That's what I initially thought too. But after researching WPL numbers, they were only issued from 1941-1959, after that they used RN numbers. But have been unable to find any other info on the jacket Thought it was interesting if it's really that old!

Adamina likes this.
  4. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

Oh wow quite interesting! If it's that old, it was ahead of its time!

JosieIvy likes this.
  5. JosieIvy

So true! And it was kept in almost perfect condition!

Adamina likes this.
  6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

No. It's 1980s. The RN and WPL numbers could be earlier because that's when the design or style of jacket was registered.

7. I agree 80s or around that era. The cleaning instructions label would not have been used in the 50s