1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Picklespierre

Picklespierre Registered Guest

992DA2BF-D8E5-48F5-AD4A-66218991762C.jpeg does anybody have any information on this label? I found this jacket several years ago. Appears to be vintage and well made.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have seen that label before, I think I had a coat with that label at one time. It is not Jean Paul Gaultier.

I actually have this Mondi jacket which has similar appliques that I need to list. Mine obviously is not velvet nor the same design, just the appliques are similar.

Mondi-Badge-Jacket-.jpg

Picklespierre likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

My grandma had a black Genny jacket with similar appliques. I don't remember though what shape the jacket had. Grandma died in 1990, and my mother inherited a few of her clothes, among them the jacket, and she took the appliques off because the jacket fit but the appliques were not really her style. The appliques then landed in my sewing stash, and I used them later on a jacket of my own. But the appliques were a similar style, crowns and stylised heraldic symbols

Picklespierre likes this.
  4. Picklespierre

Picklespierre Registered Guest

Thank you! I posted on a Facebook and someone thought it may be a German label. I looked it up and the designer could possibly be Frank Henke. I couldn’t find an example of his label though to confirm.