1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JOSEPH label missing from Label Resource

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 50sVintage, Dec 28, 2018.

1. 50sVintage

50sVintage Registered Guest

Hi,

In the 1999 - 2002 period I bought a number of pieces by JOSEPH. They were expensive, way into the hundreds of dollars for relatively simple pieces of mohair and cashmere. They were purchased either at Saks or at the Joseph store that I believe was on Madison Avenue. Now because I no longer wear that size, I'm selling the pieces and none of my prospective buyers knows the label. (photo attached). They keep mistaking this Joseph for Josephs whose designs are of far less expensive items - Josephs who include their last names on their labels.

Who was my JOSEPH please? I believe it's Joseph Ettedgui, but I'd appreciate verification.

Thank you!

Mia
    Joseph Mohair 2017 pix (7).JPG

JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (5).JPG

GemGem likes this.
  2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi Mia,

Yes this is the Joseph label, it is an older style label which incorporated the stripe. The stripe is often left of the labels now, which are usually plain black background with the same signature font in white. They do still use the stripe in connection with the brand such as on packaging and online banners etc. I am in London and we have many Joseph stores here.

Hope that helps.

50sVintage likes this.
  3. 50sVintage

50sVintage Registered Guest

Hi GemGem,

I missed your response back in 2018. In a senior moment, I totally forgot I posted about this label in 2018 and today posted a nearly identical request for help with identifying the label. I'm still trying to tie down the onset date of when the label with the horizontal stripe was used.

I take it then that I am correct in believing that Joseph refers to Joseph Ettedgui?

Belated thanks for your 2018 response!

Mia