1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julian Haye label info?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by awaywiffairies, Sep 24, 2009.

1. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

:hiya:

Very bright shirt by Julian Haye!

Does anyone know more about this label. There's a couple of items online but no info.

Found it at a boot fair in UK amongst a rail of modern stuff, so was surprised but pleased to find it and with tags.

Thankyou!

Sarah

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Never seen this label before Sarah but it strikes me as being 60's. Fancy finding this amongst modern items. You can certainly sniff them out!

3. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Thanks Louise,

Don't know about sniffing it out, it kind of jumped out and grabbed me by the throat it's so in your face!

Hopefully someone will know about this label i.e some member from down under...... :bouncy:

Sarah

4. KatFah

KatFah Registered Guest

@ awaywiffairies
    Hi, I came across this post whilst looking for information about Julian Haye for myself as I have a Lurex Shirt/Jacket in my collection. I know your question was a long time ago, but I have found out some info that may help others at a later date. It was a clothing label distributed through Robert Reid Pty. Ltd. in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth & Hobart) . This was taken over by Reid Murray Holdings Limited in 1957 and then delisted because of liquidation in 1963. This information was sourced from a trove.nla.gov.au newspaper advertisement and a google search that bought up the 'deListed AUSTRALIA' site that had the company information/history. I found it very difficult to find information although there was plenty of items for sale under this label. It was help from a member of an Australian Fashion Dating site that I was put onto the Trove reference.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Midge, lkranieri and Vintagiality like this.
  5. KatFah

KatFah Registered Guest