1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kate Middleton wear 1930s inspired outfit for St. Pat's Parade!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Rue_de_la_Paix, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

kate.jpg

Just saw this photo on the wire, of Kate Middleton at the Saint Patrick's Day Parade in London. I could not help but admire the tailored green outfit she wore, as it brought to mind 1930's fashions. Right down to her Deco hat! She looks great in anything, and as she is pregnant now, she really has a glow.

I am not a huge fan of British Royalty or anything, but just thinks she is so darn pretty and wears clothing so well. And of course she loves hats so of course I like that!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pregnant-kate-middleton-stuns-green-163240716.html

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I like the royals but I wouldn't want their job! They live under a microscope, have to watch EVERYTHING they wear and say, aren't as rich as it looks, work hard (being nice to people and listening to them is HARD work...) and they are always being criticized by someone -- too liberal and the right hates them, too traditional and the progressives hate them, too privileged and the working class hate them... They really do serve a purpose too because they take the heat off of politicians for diplomatic functions. They know which fork to use, cheerfully go to disaster sites, cut ribbons for new wings at hospitals, shake hands of people dying of weird diseases -- and its all partisan free because they aren't being voted in or out in a year or two!

3. Great points, Jonathan and I agree.

Don't forget the huge amount of work they do for the British tourist industry!

I wouldn't want to switch places with any of them either, their life isn't as fun as it might seem.

I like Kate's hat too. She does dress well, although a little unimaginatively but that comes with the territory. No more sheer skirts for her.

4. She is so lovely in anything and I do agree with Jonathan. What he said is so very true. Not an easy life, for sure.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

My mother used to say that it would be terrible to be a royal because, as Jonathan says, you are being watched ALL the time. My mother said that for example you could never have a bra strap showing, as that would be the photo seen around the world. Imagine how dreadful - seeing a woman's bra strap!

And Kate is lovely. Being an old buddy-duddy - I appreciate decorum and good taste.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

A recent quote from Prince Harry:
    What has Prince Harry said about becoming king?
    Prince Harry says no Royal wants to be King or Queen — but they would do it for “the greater good”.

The 32-year-old said: “Is there any one of the Royal Family who wants to be king or queen?

"I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.”

He told Newsweek magazine: “We are involved in modernising the British monarchy. We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people.”

And he insisted the Royals were still vital, adding: “We don’t want to dilute the magic.

“The British public and the whole world need institutions like it.”

I don't know if the news reached further afield but recently the queen had to have a meeting to talk about the succession of the crown. Although Prince Charles is in line it is widely hoped he will abdicate so that Prince William can rule. This would make Kate the Queen consort with the title, albeit not ruling, of Queen.

7. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

I wonder how Prince Charles feels about abdicating after waiting so long for his time on the throne.

Kate is lovely and always dresses beautifully.

8. I can't see the crown missing a generation: although William is the popular favourite, the Queen is all about tradition and duty and skipping Charles implies that there is a reason why he shouldn't be monarch, which as far as I know there isn't. Even physically or mentally ill monarchs have served in the past, despite their difficulties. Plus as you you say, cats eye (apologies, but I've forgotten your real name) poor Charles has waited and trained his whole life for the role he was born for. It's bad enough that he can't start until well past the age everyone else gets to retire at.

9. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

It's Debbie, but I answer to Catseye too!

Debbie

10. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Princess Diana once said that her psychic said Charles would never be king, and apparently he is constantly worried about being assassinated... I don't know how well Camilla would go over as Consort...