1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenzo Jungle Label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by sunday, Dec 16, 2020.

?

Is this real Kenzo?

1. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sunday

sunday Registered Guest

Hi friend of mine gave me this lovely vintage patchwork sweater, she told me that it was Kenzo Jungle...
    I tried to search for the label but I could not find anything on the net about it...

It only says Jungle Paris but not Kenzo,washing label is same as the Kenzo one...
    Could somebody help here...

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It certainly looks like it could be a Kenzo sweater due to the style and mix of patterning....but it is odd that the Kenzo name is not there. This is a tricky one! Hopefully, someone else here can help out. If it can be attributed to him, it would be good to add this one to the actual label resource here.

denisebrain and sunday like this.
  3. sunday

sunday Registered Guest

@
    poppysvintageclothing
    Thank you for reply...Yes that's what I thought also the quality of this garment and the Label is beyond....

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Please note that per VFG FORUM RULES HERE, VFG members are not able to authenticate items. So, this is not confirmation of the authenticity of a Kenzo connection (the label could have been reapplied to a non-Kenzo item), but HERE is trademark information about what looks like your label. I will try to find more about who applied for that design.

EDITED TO ADD: By the time I found the similar label and wrote my reply you had many replies to your query when there were none when I started. I need to type faster.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Actually, there are 3 labels in our resource with just Jungle but the Kenzo name is included as well.

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is trademark information that connects that label to Kenzo Joint Stock Company in France.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  7. sunday

sunday Registered Guest

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Here is a screen print I took, but give me a minute to give you directions so you can see the entire record. It is in the government patent and trademark site, so it is still there; it was just my search that expired.

214ADF70-CFEC-42A3-A4AB-EB18218BC23B.jpeg

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

To get to that label trademark information:

1) Go to THIS page
    2) Click on the Trademarks tab near the top of the page
    3) When the drop-down window appears under the highlighted Trademarks tab, click on Searching trademarks
    4) On the page that opened next click on the window that says “Search our trademark database (TESS)”
    5) On the page that then opened, click on “Basic Word Mark Search”
    6) Type Jungle Paris in the window for Search Term and click on Submit Query
    7) I had two different sets of results when I did this, but the second set netted me only three results—which is what you want.
    8) The serial number for the record for your label is 73637903, so you should see that in your results. Assuming you do, click on that record

Alternatively, at step number 6 you can, instead, click on the downward arrow in the window next to the word Field and select “Serial or Registration Number.” Go next to the window right above that field (next to the words Search Term) and type in the serial number 73637903, then Submit Query and it should bring up that label

10. sunday

sunday Registered Guest