1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

Hello all... just bought this incredible 60s set. It's so bling bling! The label reads "Vinchy" hand-tailored in Hong Kong. I'm only coming up with a vinchy label that is out of Italy and seems to be collectible. I'm not sure if this is the same brand though. Any thoughts? Thanks!

vinchi1.jpg vinchi2.jpg

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

What a beaut! I suspect this was made in HK and then sold by Vichy. Could you post a pic of the label?

The Hong Kong made clothing from this era is such high quality!

blubirdboutique likes this.
  3. blubirdboutique

Thanks! I found two listings while researching and it seems they both have the same tag as mine and are also 60s sets. Pretty high priced. (although one is on a website that is notoriously high priced!) But in any case, seem to be collectible. I guess I just find it odd that a high end label in Italy would send out for manufacturing, but perhaps like you said it was done during that time due to the quality of craftsmanship? It definitely is well made!

Here's the tag

Attached Files:

northstarvintage likes this.
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Thus far I found only these three references to Vinchi Fashions, Inc. in NY. Note that the spelling is Vinchi (no ‘y’ on the end) and the RN information indicates they were importers, manufacturers, and wholesalers. The only date I found is the 1974 one you see in the second image below.

43F8C4CE-F3E4-4E18-A4AB-7FD4ABD05B87.jpeg

33BB93BE-8750-4B70-AA79-B113EB1C69FA.jpeg

75C6AFF5-3AE6-4A19-AC4A-7A9AA9AC022C.jpeg

5. blubirdboutique

Oh interesting, thanks! I guess they definitely could have made these suits for Vinchi then in Italy. Dunno why I keep putting a Y on the end! :) I'm going to go with Italian label then and seems to be a high end piece. Thanks!

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I didn’t see any Italian connection, other than that attribution by a site that was selling a Vinchi dress. Vinchi was in NY and the suit you have was made in Hong Kong. Where did you find an Italian connection?

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

bluebird, i agree with Lynne, i don't see any sort of Italian connection for this garment, at all.

it is a gorgeous ensemble, and as Susan mentioned, a lot of Hong Kong custom sewn garments are well made. When we lived in the far east and had tailor made garments made, most tailors and seamstresses we worked with had their own labels that they'd stitch in to their garments.

8. blubirdboutique

I was just going on a few other Vinchi dresses for sale with the same label who both stated it was an Italian company. But, they of course could be wrong like me! I can't post links correct? One was on 1st dibs and the other on Ebay. That was all I could find. So I guess I just thought maybe this company made it for the Vinchi company after reading the post.