1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Label inquiry (photo)- "Lim's, Made in Shanghai"- is it vintage?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Kora D., Mar 9, 2015.

1. Florence Lim

Florence Lim Registered Guest

Hi Kora,
    My name is Florence Lim, and I am the daughter of Robert Lim, the original founder of Lim's original crochet, lace and raw silk women's clothing. The crochet skirt you are inquiring about is in fact one of our original skirts from around the 1980's, and yes, all of our crochet skirts were made in China in or near the Shanghai area. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have about our products. We are still selling much of our goods to this day on eBay, Etsy, and now our own website.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2022
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hello Florence, thank you for responding, and welcome to our forums. It is always wonderful to hear from the people behind a label.

(I'm afraid I will have to remove your link due to forum rules, but not the mention that you have a website.)

Distantdetails and MagsRags like this.
  3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome Florence, your company's crochet work is wonderful!

Distantdetails likes this.
  4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Welcome Florence, thanks for responding and participating in the forums. And what a lovely skirt started this whole conversation off.