1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lanvin Castillo Suit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by pl_vgnt, Feb 18, 2024.

1. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Hello everyone, I recently acquired this wild silk skirt suit with a blue and black floral print. It's signed Lanvin Castillo, which means it was produced between 1950 and 1963. I know it dates from after 1955 because the labels were different during that period, but I can't connect it to a specific collection. Do you have any archives with this pattern or archives of suits with this collar?

Also, when I received the garment, the jacket had two cheap and anachronistic plastic gold buttons, so I removed them. But I'm not sure what kind of buttons to replace them with, plus there are two different buttonhole sizes.

Looking forward to your responses,
    Pl_Vgnt

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The length of the skirt, size of the print, and boxiness of the jacket puts this into the 60s - I would start at 1963 and work backwards. L'Officiel would probably be a good place to start. The Bolduc number proves it's couture, so it won't be illustrated as much as rtw or boutique lines...

3. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

is it possible someone altered it to add the lower button hole? It looks less neat.

4. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

1F2DD687-7DD4-43F1-9AA0-B10581015BB0.jpeg

Somewhat similar….