1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late 50s? dress ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, Apr 26, 2020.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hi there. It looks like the hem has been shortened but wondering if this is late 50s?
    Thanks in advance!
    Lauren

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is a wonderful dress. It reminds me of a few dresses I have had, designed by Mr. Mort. I might place it mid 1950s, lets see what others think.

laurenm likes this.
  3. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I think it's late '50s - early '60's. The label is not in our LR. Have you tried to find out something about the company? I did a search and there is a dress on Etsy that is listed as '50s-'60s with that label but the seller doesn't show the label. I tried to look through my books for a similar silhouette and found it in 1959 and in a nurse's uniform in 1961 or so. Since it was shortened, it's probably not later than 1961 -ish. I agree it's pretty!

laurenm likes this.
  5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have had Klever Klad dresses in the past, it was a Toronto manufacturing firm.
    Most Klever Klad dresses that I’ve had or seen date to the 1940s or 1950s - Klever Klad was founded in 1941.
    I always like their dresses, lots of style and quality fabrics.

laurenm likes this.
  6. Lovely dress on you! I agree with '50s.

laurenm likes this.