1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laws concerning endangered species

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Sheila Dawson, May 6, 2017.

1. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

It is legal to own pre-ESA (pre-endangered species act) products. It illegal to commercially trade or have intent to commercially trade ESA or pre-ESA products for money, services, bartering, or any other sort of gain without permitting or certificates of exemption.

You can read more about that here.

3. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

Thanks Caryn

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

So still illegal to sell alligator shoes from the 40s even though there are LOTS of alligators out there and it's legal to hunt them with permits?

5. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Yep. You still have to check with the venues you want to sell through because some like Etsy still do not allow it regardless.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yup. I believe you are right again. Just checked. American alligator, though there are more of them than people in many areas of the Americas, are considered endangered.

At least the shoes in questions aren't sea turtle as someone told me in private convo... oy... I knew that but one reporting incident like that would not bode well, would it?