1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levi Jacket Type II

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Esarde, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Esarde

Esarde Registered Guest

Hello -
    My wife is a volunteer at a local thrift store which supports cat spay and neuter clinics. The store has received a donation of what we believe to be a Type II Denim Jacket.

The store uses eBay to sell "special items" such as this and so has a Seller's reputation to protect. I understand that this Forum will not provide authentication nor valuation, but I hope a few members might be able to at least provide some feedback as to the quality of the jacket. I've written to a Master Tailor at Levi and hope to hear back from him. Ideally, a Forum member might be able to recommend someone in my area (Chico, CA) who is qualified to provide both authentication and a realistic selling price.

Some features of the Jacket: Red all caps tab, appropriate thread color, no care label, no numbers on button backs, two chest pockets with straight flaps, selvedge on interior, knife pleats, copper rivets on cuff vents, sliver iron buttons, no cinch back, tab back. Unfortunately, the jacket was quite dusty upon receipt at the store (obviously the result of long time storage) and so was washed, destroying the leather label. Despite that, the denim is still thick, stiff and deep blue.

Photos are available upon request. Thanks in advance.

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

It would be helpful if you posted photos