1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lining Straps / Ribbons in Vintage Wool Cashmere Coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GinaM, Feb 16, 2017.

1. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Ok, in looking back at Gina's last post she did say the ties fit across the chest but I still don't think it was meant to be there.

I still would like to show this so those who would like to know will have a better understanding of the intended purpose for the inside belt.

In this coat the belt tied at this point would be best for this coat.

IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg

This photo shows the coat closed. The purpose of this belt is to hold the inner portion of the coat in place. That outer portion laps over the inner portion. When the wearer moves, sits, or when air blows in it can cause the inner portion to bunch or move away from the body causing both the inner portion to become out of place and outer portion too.
    With the inside belt tied properly the coat rests perfectly in place.
    IMG_1478.jpg

GinaM likes this.
  2. GinaM

GinaM Registered Guest

Okay - Deborah, greatglenvintage, Furwise, Caryn, Circa Vintage... Hope I didn't leave anyone out. You are ALL correct. The 2 ties easily cross the chest area and would tie through the loop, IF the loop were intact, but of course it isn't. Thank you all for our patience helping me understand this simple thing.
    [​IMG]

3. Hurrah! Glad it fits - it's a sign of quality in a garment, so a good thing to find.

GinaM likes this.
  4. GinaM

GinaM Registered Guest

Thanks, Nicole! Glad to have that FINALLY figured out!

5. GinaM, you're not the only one :cheer:

GinaM likes this.
  6. GinaM

GinaM Registered Guest

:)

7. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Excellent. Nice coat by the way. :clapping:

GinaM likes this.
  8. GinaM

GinaM Registered Guest

Thanks, Caryn.:)