1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lock 'N Roll-How do they work?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by raincitytreasures, May 22, 2005.

1. raincitytreasures

raincitytreasures Registered Guest

Lock \'N Roll-How do they work?

I have a set of Clairol Lock 'N Roll hot rollers. I understand that you heat them up and roll your hair. What I can't figure out is how you keep your hair on them.

[​IMG]

2. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

1. The hair is rolled around the narrow round part of the small end

2. then the fat end in 'popped' down over that.

[​IMG]

clear as mud???

3. raincitytreasures

Oh, okay, I get it. I was thinking you needed some kind of hair pins or clips. Thanks!

4. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

you're very welcome!

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Oh my.....I remember these! I think I tried every new curler on the market in the late 60s and 70s, in the hopes that my hair would look like the models in Seventeen!

sue

6. raincitytreasures

I remember sleeping on brush rollers when I was in high school What was I thinking-torture!

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I had the sponge rollers that you had to wear overnight. I still have my waver/crimping iron from the 80s at my parent's house. Wonder if that will be the next thing with all the 80s looks that have come back.

8. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Oh my....I still have mine too........I also have these little traveling curling irons that are plastic and fit into a small case. One regular curling iron and the other is the brush style.....