1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for gym uniform shorts/bloomers....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Jenny Avell, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Jenny Avell

Jenny Avell Registered Guest

Looking for gym uniform shorts/bloomers. They were common in junior high/high school from the 50's through the mid 80's. Typically, they were royal blue with gripper type snaps. There were a lot of manufacturers of these, Aldrich, Merrygarden, Betty Brooks, Broderick and E.R. Moore to name a few. I have seen some one-piece uniforms out there, I'm looking for the two piece uniform with separate bloomer bottoms. Anyone seen any? I've attached photos of what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Jenny Gym 7.jpg Gym 5.jpg Gym 6.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Jenny Avell

Jenny Avell Registered Guest

Thank you!

4. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

I have a top but it is white.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

We had a one piece from the late 1950s donated to the museum a couple of years ago by the original owner. The belt was missing, which I remarked on, and she said all the girls would 'lose' their belts because they hated wearing them with the belts, but you weren't allowed to modify the uniforms, so you couldn't remove the belt loops!