1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to have a fur coat made into a hand muff

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintage Chic, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Vintage Chic

Vintage Chic VFG Member

Hi Everyone! Not sure if anyone here can help, but I am looking to have my grandmothers mink coat made into a hand muff and possibly a matching hat or scarf. My Grandmother (94) was going to throw the coat away because it is ripped at one shoulder beyond repair. I, of course, was not going to let that happen! Lol!

I work with furs very often and know that it will cost a lot of money to bring it to a furrier to have the items made. The furriers near me are in ritzy areas and the cost would be very very high, so I am hoping that maybe someone in the Guild has experience with making these and can help me out.

The fur and skins are in very good condition. I was thinking of having one of the sleeves made into a muff at the very least. Her name is embroidered on the inside of the coat, so I would like it to be incorporated somehow, either in the interior of the muff or on the backside. I would also like to have a simple scarf made, possibly with alligator clips on the ends. A hat would be a wonderful addition, but that will probably be very costly to make.

I am open to other ideas as well. I also considered having a throw pillow made out of it. If anyone experienced in this can help, and wants a side job, please let me know. Any and all advice welcome!

thanks!

Nicole

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020