1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

This jacket from the 60s has a matching skirt. It was no label and was photographed in Vogue or Harper's Bazaar, but I can't find the photo.

I've examined this suit many times but I can't decide whether it is a Chanel or a copy. It has no label.

It is one of two "Chanel" suits I bought from Karen Augusta. I found a store label on the other suit so I have suspicions about this one. Many of the photographed suits were copied.

Unfortunately, the blouse is missing. The blouses are the easiest element to determine whether it's a copy or an original. And it is the piece which is discarded first.

Any help you can provide with the photo and/or identifying it as an original or a copy would be appreciated.
    Many thanks.

upload_2021-6-24_6-18-52.png

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Funnily enough, on the opposite page from the same issue of March 15, 1964 is this image which I think might be the jacket here. The description is: Violet and green tweed plaided on the bias; new Chanel edges - whipped with the violet cloque of the blouse. Skirt cut in sections, cut to move. Original imported by I. Magnin, Frechtel copie; Bonwit Teller; I Magnin.
    20210624_150223.jpeg

GemGem, Midge, Distantdetails and 2 others like this.
  3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

This is it! Thank you, Jonathan.

GemGem likes this.