1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malco Modes Partners Please?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pompadour, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Pompadour

Pompadour Registered Guest

Hi everyone!

I recently bought this petticoat on eBay. The tag was cut off but the tag top still exists with no words on it. Looking at other listings it’s just a Malco modes vintage petticoat. So I’m going to use a photo of the tag found on another identical petticoat. Does anyone know anything about malco modes and when this thing might have been made or if it’s just a repro? Please let me know! Thank you :) It’s also made of nylon.

Attached Files:

2. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

They're still in business, so it could be modern: https://malcomodes.biz. The label photo you posted looks maybe 80s-ish to me, but since it's not from yours, can't be used for dating it.

3. MemphisVintage

MemphisVintage VFG Member

I used to buy these directly from the manufacturer in 2000. This style name looks similar to the ones that I used to sell. Malco Modes originally used to be a big supplier of square dancing petticoats. Then I believe they branched out into the retro / rockabilly fashion arena. I am guessing that your label is 1990s to 2000s.

4. Is enough of the tag present that you can be sure yours was made by Malco Modes? If not, and considering that similar petticoats were made by other companies, I don't think you should claim it is Malco Modes or use any photo that is not your own... Or are you saying the other Malco Modes petticoat is also yours?
    Sorry, I'm confused with how you've stated your reasoning. :puzzled:

5. Pompadour

Pompadour Registered Guest

Sorry Donna. No the pink petticoat isn’t mine although it is identical in every way with its waistband, shape, flounces etc except the color. And a few other listings on Etsy with the malco modes partners please tag are identical petticoats.

6. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

The petticoats that I used to order for my B&M shop from Malco Modes (from 1997-2007) did not have "Partners Please" or "San Francisco" on their labels, FWIW. I still have a few, and this is what their labels looked like, in that period. So that pink one you are using for reference could be either older or newer than that?
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10f7f (1).jpg