1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marshall & Snelgrove

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Cheapbliss, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Cheapbliss

Cheapbliss Registered Guest

Hi! My name is Jessica, I was sent here by an Etsy seller that I thought may be able to help me learn a little more about a gorgeous piece I just purchased for a whopping $16 at a non-vintage resale chain store.
    The tag reads "Marshall & Snelgrove"
    I have read up on the label but I can't seem to find what era it may be from, very hard to track down any clothing from this label! Any information would be greatly appreciated! It's a beautiful velvet piece with a small tear in the right sleeve, and is missing a couple buttons I'm sure in the front. Also a wrap around piece at the waist. I was pretty excited about this find! But I cannot find anything about this particular piece online anywhere! IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1297.JPG IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1296.JPG

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks like a lovely old dressing gown, you've stated that it is velvet but it looks more like a silk brocade in the photographs.
    The writing on the label looks older than that in our own label resource, it would be good to add this one to our label resource.
    It appears it could be Edwardian or from the teens. Let's see what others think. It was a great find!