Mary Maxim for Children!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Sep 5, 2016.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

Hi!

I know my sweater collection is appreciated here so I wanted to share my children's raglans with you. Front and back! Some patterns can be knit in adult sizes. I.E. "cowboy", "pirate", etc.

I display these on my office wall.

Edit. The "pirate" isn't vintage. Kamp Kitsch on Etsy. Of course the images don't match up on the front... not as savy knitters as the vintage raglans?! Also the wool isn't even close to the quality of the otiginals. One of the "Indian Brave" is 80s.

Edit again. The airplanes raglan may or may not be May Maxim. I have never seen the pattern. Personally, I think it is NOT a Mary Maxim pattern.. perhaps Beehive or Patons...???

20160213_152115_zpszsd6jua2.jpg

20160213_152248_zpsyk7jsvng.jpg

20160213_151725_zpsxkumxaxr.jpg

20160213_151537_zpsxbje3i3v.jpg

20160213_150931_zpsqx3y5eih.jpg

20160213_151109_zpstqqwjbgd.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. jazzbug

jazzbug Trade Member

Neat-o!

Love the your idea of the wall display!!

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

4. jazzbug

jazzbug Trade Member

I couldn't even attempt a favorite, but must say, do love those rodeo cowboys!

5. Midge

Midge Trade Member

Wow! I've got the pattern for the pirate one here... thought it might be fun one for my cousin's boy when he's a bit older - we'll see. At the moment, trains, tractors and firemen are still the "thing".

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Mary Maxim have a children's pattern for a plane jumper but it's simpler. Could it be a Cowichan design?
    I think my favourite is the rocket launch jumper.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  7. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Oh my stars! The Majorette is my fave for sure.
    I so miss true twirlers and the skill it took to be a really good one.
    Believe me I tried. Even took a class. Haha..
    That and hoola hooping. Nope.

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

And I like the cows!

Purse lady likes this.
  9. lindapoirier

I love the Holstein raglan too. Mary Maxim sells a pattern with a variety of cattle breeds. I grew up on a dairy farm AND you don't usually see these done in bright colours. They are usually done in brown, grey and black. The green made perfect sense though because cows are vegetarians. These come in adult and children's pstterns also. I can wear mine and about 75% of them on displsy.

10. lindapoirier

I wanted to show you a minor embellishment on a recent purchase. How simple is it to knot wool on the zipper pull? Yet, this is the first time I am seeing it.

20161205_224927.jpg

Not a child's raglan but I did not have a hockey sweater. $35 on Ebay.

$_1-19.jpeg

$_3-112.jpeg

11. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Adorable as always.

12. lindapoirier

Thanks. I recently got the Pac Man raglan. This is a more modern pattern but still pretty cool.
    il_570xN.1142348347_my5i.jpeg

il_570xN.1142348215_shje.jpeg

13. Midge

Midge Trade Member

14. lindapoirier

I will bee honest, my collection is ventured into colour territory. Meaning, I will now find sweaters because there are colours I want to see knit. Vintage colours. I got this Mary Maxim raglan with three shades of vintage greens for $25!

$_1-18.jpeg

$_1-29.jpeg

15. Fabulous collection and what a great display they make! Who could resist just smiling when you look at these sweet children's sweaters! Thanks for sharing with us!

16. lindapoirier

There is a company out of Vancouver BC that knits sweaters using Mary Maxim "cowboy" pattern in adult sizes.

$_1-25.jpeg

$_1-27.jpeg

http://gogosweaters.com/

17. lindapoirier

Speaking of colour. I just got the yellow. I got the lime green a long time ago on Ebay for $1! Best deal ever.

$_1-24.jpeg

20170204_151335.jpg

Kind of funny the such vivid colours aren't children's sweaters. Hunters wanting to be seen in the woods. If a tree falls in the forest, do you make a spinning wheel from it?!

foofoogal likes this.
  18. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

19. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

Your sweaters make me swoon.

20. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

$1? WOW! Those dog themed sweaters are adorable.