1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men's Suit Jacket without labels - help wanted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintage Sparrow, May 19, 2017.

1. Vintage Sparrow

Vintage Sparrow Registered Guest

Hi there! I've come into possession of a load of ex-theatre clothing dating from 1920s to more modern. I don't know much about men's clothes though so I was hoping someone might have a rough date for this piece as the labels have been taken out at some point in its life

I've taken photos of every part I think will be useful, if any others are wanted, just let me know.

Thanks! V

DSCF5578.JPG DSCF5580.JPG DSCF5581.JPG DSCF5582.JPG DSCF5586.JPG DSCF5587.JPG DSCF5589.JPG

2. Hello!
    Is the back lining of the jacket full length or does it only cover the upper half of the back?
    It would be helpful to have a photo of the entire interior of the jacket.

Vintage Sparrow likes this.
  3. Vintage Sparrow

Full length lining. 3 pockets to right side (as pictured), middle one is quite small. 1 pocket to left.
    WP_20170519_003.jpg WP_20170519_006.jpg WP_20170519_008.jpg

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I'm getting a 60s/70s vibe from it - very cocktails at the country club!

And in case you haven't already looked, did you check the inside of the chest pocket? Sometimes there is a label in there.

5. Vintage Sparrow

Thank you! I had it pegged around 70s as my dad had something similar in his closet.

There are signs of a label having been attached to the lining. Unfortunately, no other labels hidden in the pockets.

6. Vintage Sparrow

Update: Noticed the buttons had roman numerals on them. A UN type logo (globe with wreath) with an eagle on top then the year underneath. Roman numerals say 1979.