1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mink fur coat indentification! help please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Morwenna, Sep 19, 2018.

?

What kind of mink fur is this coat and does anyone know the brand/designer if the coat

1. Fur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Morwenna

Morwenna Registered Guest

Hey everyone!
    I have this mink fur and leather coat
    I know it is mink someone said honey mink but I'm not sure in that?
    Also there are no labels what so ever apart from NEWEY ENGLAND poppers.
    Thanks you:)

Attached Files:

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi,

I love your coat but to keep it beautiful you'll want to hang it up for a bit so the wrinkles fall out and so the skin doesn't crack.

The coat could have had a furrier's label in there at one time but many times it is just the furrier in the fur store who makes fur garments without them being associated with any designer at all.

It is a bit hard for me to distinguish the color so can you tell me if it is more of a white with darkened furs mixed in or is it one solid color?

3. Morwenna

Hi thank you so much for yor reply!
    Yes I am really confused with the colour as it's looks a lot like pearl or polamino cross back- on the back of the coat where the wider strips of fur are you can see the faint crosses of the mink fur quite clearly, it is very pale cream with lines and crosses being a pale sort of gray/brown with a hint of mauve almost in the light. The lines are not obvious straight stalk line running through the cream, more wavey and not to consistant - as in the brown lines are wider at some parts going thinner toward the end.

4. Morwenna

Also just so you know- the coat was given to me, I'm not a fan of animal skins and want to sell it, hut want to sell it for fair price and sell it with the correct details about what fur it is and who made it, I have found somebrands that do these similar style coats, I'm bot sure whether it is vintage or not,
    Patchin
    Sir marc
    Pierre cardin
    Hinsdale furriers