1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miriam Haskell image needed

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mad Catter, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

Hi, when I found this I looked online and found and illustrated ad for Miriam Haskell Jewellery with this necklace and possibly earrings and a brooch but I can't find it anymore. It's an illustrated image. It's the only 'proof' I had that it was her collection. :-(
    Thanks for any help offered!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I don't know if you just made a typo here or when you were also looking up online but it is Miriam Haskell.
    I can't help to positively id the piece here for you, perhaps one of our members who are familiar with her work will see this as well.

3. Mad Catter

Lol! I hadn't even noticed that, good catch. I think my phone autocorrects Miriam to Mariam because it's my friend's name. Thanks, I'll fix that right away! :)

Done! Thanks again

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Mad Catter likes this.
  5. Mad Catter

Thanks Mary, I spent quite a bit of time on that page when I got the pieces but haven't been back since. It's a wonderful page! I'll take a look, maybe there's new images.

Thanks again!

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I looked through all of the illustrations on Cathy Gordon's wonderful image event site and did not find an illustration that looks like your piece - but that doesn't mean that there isn't one elsewhere.

Could you take another photo with a little more light on a lighter background and show the underside of the piece, as well?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. Mad Catter

Thanks Linn! I'll get more photos tonight when I get home. The image that I saw is drawn well enough that you can see those little bird beads clearly and the other thing I remember is that it mentioned the silk cording so it must have been on a web page or listing because none of the ads I've seen show the back.

I was searching information about Boucher's work in Belleville near where I live and that's when I stumbled upon the Miriam Haskell ad because some of the round closures were made there. Don't know if that helps but it shows the trail I was on. The image was on my old computer so it's long gone. Thanks for taking a look. Fingers crossed that one of us will come across it :)

8. Mad Catter

Hi Linn,
    Disappointing pics so I'll take some tomorrow in normal daylight. Here's a couple but as you can see all the lights on in my kitchen just made it worse, lol.

Attached Files: