1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MONDI label coats, blazers, etc????? And replacing buttons.....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by SWEETVIOLET, Oct 31, 2013.

1. SWEETVIOLET

SWEETVIOLET Registered Guest

:) Hello everyone: First of all, is anyone familiar with this label of clothes? I love their designs, and recently bought a vintage orange tweed Mondi blazer, but two of the buttons are cracked. The bottons have an "M" on them. Any ideas on how to replace them? where to get them? or what I should do to replace them? There are 3 buttons on the blazer and the bottom two are the cracked ones which need to be taken off and replaced. The top button is fine, and so are the ones on the breast pockets. What kind of buttons would you recommend I put on for the bottom two buttons? Just simple orange? I want to keep the "vintage" feel of the jacket. Any recommendations would be lovely.

Violet~

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I have a 80s Mondi tartan jacket in my own wardrobe, it's one of my favourites, in pure wool. They are a good quality German brand. I've also had knitwear from them - this fun 80s number:

Mondi cardigan1.jpg

You can read more about them in the VFG label resource: http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/mondi/

I think we'd have to see a picture of your jacket to recommend replacements. Leather buttons can be nice with tweed.

Unless you can find a really good match, it's best to replace all the buttons, not just the broken ones.

3. tickeryboo

tickeryboo Alumni

violet can you post a picture of the buttons? i will see if i have them in my collection or if not something similar for you of that era.

lorraine