Mud-covered jeans selling for $425 at Nordstrom

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by lkranieri, Apr 25, 2017.

1. lkranieri

lkranieri Trade Member

Oh my...

Code:
    http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/2017/04/25/fashion-mud-covered-jeans-selling-for-425-at-nordstrom/

cmpollack likes this.
  2. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

I think the more important issue is that there are people out there who have never done a hard days work. Thus, allowing one to know those jeans need to go into the wash.

I am repairing and in some areas reapplying concrete to my foundation. My pants looked exactly like that yesterday. I threw those pants in a wash last night so I could use them today.

This all brings me to a more pressing issue. NO ONE DOES THEIR OWN WORK ANYMORE. I am a woman and my neighbours say , "you are awesome". 229 wheelbarrow loads in a truck load of topsoil. Yes I reseed my north lawn last summer.

More importantly I am single and I don't have money to pay someone else to do MY work. I COULD NOT AFFORD THOSE JEANS. My new pergola cost $500.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

WOW - not that I didn't trust you, but I googled it to make sure it wasn't fake news! lol

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

If all publicity is good publicity - this is good for Nordstrom because it's going viral FAST. It's almost as if they were making a joke about carrying the shredded jeans look one step further. This pair of "Shredded Boyfriend Jeans" is selling at another online company for $595. They have "deconstructed appeal."

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 3.22.21 PM.png

6. Midge

Midge Trade Member

7. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage Trade Member

8. lindapoirier

I think this all stems from indigo jeans. Those old destroyed Levis from old American mines. Designers and collectors. Designers base their "distressed" patterns based on the wear from those old jeans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ound-in-goldmine-put-up-for-sale-on-eBay.html

They would also use natural indigo in jeans. This is a huge factor for collectors too.

All of which, I think, stems from Japanese Boro/Ranru.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boro_(textile)

Edit. I have a Japanese Farmer's jacket. Tons of patches and it had a missing sleeve. Because I am a farmer, I bought indigo dyed cotton from Japan and indigo cotton thread from Japan and repaired the jacket with exact stitching.

Can you spot my patches?

20170425_212232.jpg

20170425_212322.jpg

I LOVE indigo. Last year I tried to grow my own indigo. Unsuccessfully but I will try again this year. I want to dye some fabric!

Also, I washed my jacket so I can wear it. I wear it inside out so you can see the repairs.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. mags_rags

mags_rags Trade Member

Chris, the "Yeezy season 3 sweater" on eBay is from Kanye West's "fashion" line - not fashion IMO, but goes for big bucks due to the name attached. Similarly, Rihanna's Fenty Puma is mostly incomprehensible to me.

10. yumyumvintage

Now that is even worse to me. Worse then when kanye and Kim were on cover of vogue.....

11. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

12. cmpollack

cmpollack Trade Member

Linda--too bad you didn't sell your jeans instead of washing them. You could have reimbursed yourself for the new pergola... :USING:

And... your farmer's jacket is amazing! And please keep us posted on the indigo crop this year. I read a bunch a few months ago about efforts to establish sericulture (silkworm farms) in New England in the 19th century--fascinating...

13. Leonardo da Vintage

Leonardo da Vintage Administrator Staff Member

I'm confused. Is it real mud, that will wash out? Or is it a fake perma-mud finish?

Either way it's nuts.

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  14. yumyumvintage

Fake mud. It makes my husband mad who comes home from work with mush and beat up pants. He says it pretetious

15. Midge

Midge Trade Member

Pretentious is the word. I am totally out of fashion when it comes to jeans. I don't want them washed-out or ripped. Indigo please - the darker, the better.

16. The Vintage Stylist

The Vintage Stylist Trade Member

Shake My Head!

17. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

18. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

I give up...................

19. Midge

Midge Trade Member

20. lindapoirier

I will only charge $325 for my work pants because I work in yoga pants!!!

20170427_160113.jpg