1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cool new dress...thanks to Hollis' eCouture!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by denisebrain, Sep 4, 2009.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

My cool new dress...thanks to Hollis\' eCouture!

I drooled so much on Hollis' remade vintage clothes, that I finally had to purchase one: eCouture Recycled Black Silk Dress

and it is even better than my high expectations!! I knew it was a little large, and I plan to do some small alterations on it, but even as it is, I think it is splendid. As I told Hollis, I think the dress is really NOW: Asymmetrical, a bit edgy, black, eco-friendly, and with vintage soul. It is so impressively "recycled"...beautifully made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you Hollis, you are amazing!

2. Wow...that is really stunning on you Maggie. Congrats on a great designer piece that I am sure you will love for many years to come!

Bravo Hollis!!

3. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

:clapping:

beautiful! and it looks just stunning on you :)

4. denisebrain

Thank you! One of the surprising things I discovered is that the draped bit at the hem is absolutely a joy to walk in...it really feels great. Those beautiful clasps at one strap and at the draped hem are the halves of a buckle. :wub:

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Oh that's gorgeous! Maggie, that clasp on that dress reminds me of something Ann Dvorak wore in "Three on a Match." It was a long black dress and had a clasp on each strap and she took the dress off that way by unclasping it. I think they were more rhinestone-y but it just harkens back to that for me. I cant remember if they showed her undressing, or just showed her fastening it/unfastening it and cutting away (it was before the blue laws so cant remember - but it wasn't provocative - i think she was either getting ready or she was changing after wherever she and her husband went). Either way, it made me take note of how the dress was put together.

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Doesn't she look fabulous? I want Maggie to be my stylist for ecouture. If only she weren't 2000 miles away!!

Hollis

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Ah.

Business Trip.

Write Off.

8. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Really stunning, Hollis your work is incredible! And Maggie, you're always amazing!

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that shoulder clasp is amazing!! fabulous creation, Hollis, and it looks wonderful on you, Maggie!! :cheer:

10. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Wow is right! Amazingly constructed dress, and amazingly worn! Kudos to both of you!

11. joules

joules VFG Member

I knew this was going to be a knockout on The Beautiful One. Incredibly good!

12. denisebrain

Thank you--and thank you again Hollis! I really, really, REALLY love the dress! I would love to be your stylist and wish we were neighbors. You inspire me!

13. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

well...wow...really great dress and Maggie, so sexy....
    ;-)

14. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

I keep coming back to look at it. Maggie, you really have the look down with those boots and those signature red lips! Freeking you got such a deal!

15. Love it! Maggie you look great, and Hollis - the dress is a credit to you. Well done!

Nicole

16. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

I've visited Hollis's gold and blue silk dress more than once. It's way too small for me, and not a style that would suit me, but I just love it. Beautiful detailing, inspired colour combination, fabulous fabrics, a dress to covet. I scratch my head as to why it's still for sale - should've been snapped up immediately!

The dress looks great on Maggie. I like the addition of a belt!

17. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

18. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Oh Maggie, that dress is just stunning on you! And the boots must have been paired with it in heaven--how clever of you to discover that fact!

I love the buckle/clasps and draping. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The dress is (almost ;) ) as amazing as the one I bought from Hollis a few months back.

Bravo Maggie and Hollis!

19. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

It's perfect for you Maggie, bravo to both of you indeed!

Stunning.

20. denisebrain

Thank you all so much for letting me parade it....I'm so happy with my new dress! :excited: