1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Richard Allan scarf found its twin...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

... or almost! I pulled the pink and purple scarf out of a bin full of scarves at a fleamarket in London some years ago and first thought of making a top or something out of it :BAGUSE:... (at the time I was making my own cut & slashed t-shirts like crazy) til I realised it was too good to be made into something else. No less, it has become one of my fave scarves to wear with grey or black sweaters or jackets.

richardallan.jpg

Months ago, I discovered it's twin, although in a very different colorway, on Etsy! I was intrigued, but it was hard to get into contact with the seller. Then she closed her Etsy shop for months... but finally, I've got my hands on it! Isn't this neat? The colors are much tamer on this one, but I love it already. And it still has it's original label, which the pink one is missing. It was in the post when I arrived back from my holiday on Tuesday, and on Thursday it made it made its "debut" for my trip to ITB (huge tourism fair) in Berlin - worn with my "new" secondhand Armani pant suit in very fine black and white houndstooth check. It was just perfect...

Karin