1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Wildest Dream has been Realized (Accessories)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I got a holiday catalog came in the mail yesterday and what do i see.....METAL MESH PURSES. Nothing like some of the old Whiting & Davis purses...but mesh just the same. More of a hard clutch with the mesh overlay.

I have been partly joking, but secretly wanting some celebrity to walk down the red carpet with a metal mesh handbag or a fashion mag to include them as hot for the longest time. So perhaps they are seeping back into the public consciousness and coming to desirability not just for collectors, and antiquers, but for fashion.

Or maybe i have been in the dark, and this is old news...

Chris

2. Chris, I will certainly look for that in magazines for you.

I have a picture of a mesh purse from a handbag book. Would that help?

What I hate most. I kept a beaded purse a long time. I had two of them from the 60s. Found the exact same purse in that reference book. Ran to my closest to find it and I must have given it away. Ugh. That is why it is so hard for me to get rid of things!

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

It was the VS catalog. I was pushing the gold metal mesh as the renewed interest in gold/lame and the like....

I know re: beaded purses. They come back and forth but i think they are always more popular around holiday time. I have one that has mother of pearl in the frame and the body is a chevroned bead pattern. The only flaw is that the label is adhered on...its early 60s and the glue from the label made a stiff slightly discolored mark on the mirro pocket. I have never used it...but it keeps going back in my closet :)

4. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Speaking of gold mesh accessories--

[​IMG]
    I have three pieces that have been used--a wallet and 2 make up bags. I was thinking of putting them in a lot and listing all three together. They are all a little dirty on the inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you think thy're worth listing?

Sue