1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name chart for pants/shorts

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jluthye, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

I hope I am putting this in the right section... I came across this a while ago, I am sorry I only saved the picture not the link so I do not know who's website it came from. If its anyone here I think you greatly for putting this up and I hope no one minds me putting it here. Many on here including myself are newer to vintage and clothing retail in general and I am a stickler for using the correct terms! Hopefully this will help others who find themselves in the same dilemma!

ps I will try to clean the picture up to make it more readable, but this is how I got it and it will have to do for now.

2. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

ok here is the cleaned up chart,,,, i can't figure out what the top one says... so I labeled them as daisy dukes lol...

I have also included a link to wikipedias info on shorts... ther are other terms there that i may want to add to the chart at some point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorts

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I think the first one says bikini. I think Daisy Dukes and short shorts would be about the same length, but sometimes Daisy Dukes had fringe or cutouts pr zippers to make them appear even shorter.....

4. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

thank you,,, i thought bikini too,, there is deffinately a B and N in there,,, but I oculd not find refernce to them in my searching...

guess I will do that for now :)

thanks again!

5. sofia24

sofia24 Registered Guest

Actually I was searching for party wear and i found this post. Its a nice post. it will help needy guys !!!!!

6. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Great chart! Thanks for sharing. Very useful.

7. Jluthye you're a PEACH! I'm always second guessing myself as to what to call pants / slacks.

Also, pre-Dukes of Hazard, were Daisy Dukes pretty much Hot Pants without the fray? Sorry, my 60s are showing:beach:

8. Thanks for posting the chart. :)