1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need honest opinion on this 50's jonathan logan!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by polyesterchesters, Aug 10, 2005.

1. polyesterchesters

polyesterchesters Registered Guest

need honest opinion on this 50\'s jonathan logan!

I love this dress. I love this dress. I will not keep it, I will not keep it!! It is about a size 10/12!!! Yippee~

Here is the thing. The prior owner cut the straps. The used to be attached across the shoulders. I don't really want to fix them, not cause I am lazy, but because they are long and I am not sure if they criss crossed or what. Also, I thought if I put it up for auction, I would let the buyer choose how they wanted them fixed and then have my seamstress mom fix it. Depending on how they are reattached, I think you can give or take a few inches from the dress, or wear tied. What do you think?

PS..... I hate the cape...... am I alone?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I am only seeing the second picture...maybe its my browser but i am getting errors on the other two.

usually "wearable as is" brings more money rather than not, but i will have to try another browser or reboot so i can see the pics.

3. Patentleathershoes

YAY! now i can see the pictures.

If you can get away with saying that it is a tie back halter you might be able to get away with it and say the new owner can "customize it". I am guessing it crisscrosses in the back.

Can the cape be worn around the waist like a little over skirt peplum thing or would that be too crazy? Say it is for the sun conscious

4. polyesterchesters

polyesterchesters Registered Guest

I tried to put the cape in her hair..... that was a really, really bad idea!!

5. I love, love, Jonathan Logan. That is a cool outfit. Can you tell where the straps were cut??

6. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

You know guys, it would be really cool to see maggie with this dress on!!!
    (denisebrain)

I do like it, it's not cherries for a change!!!!

7. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

I believe I see Olivia Newton-John/Sandy in Grease would like her dress back.

Ok, I know, she didn't wear that one exactly but SHE COULDA!!!

Jenn

8. Patentleathershoes

I do like it, it's not cherries for a change!!!!

Never underestimate a cherry. Cherries are supposedly "so last year" with the rockabilly crowd...but just about any piece of clothing that has cherries on it is an almost guaranteed winner.

(but i know...one does sort of get tired of them after awhile).

There is a lady that i read about that collects strawberry anything on the internet though...