1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitor fashion label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Quality Street, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Quality Street

Quality Street Registered Guest

I have recently purchased a machine embroidered black rayon jacket, the styling suggested 20s or 30s but I have been unable to track down any information referencing this brand. Can anyone provide information about this label. Thanks

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Please supply photos of the jacket and the label too please.

3. Quality Street

4. Quality Street

Hope these photos help. Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Hmm. Hard to tell: can you please help us with some more information? Are there are any other labels, (care, size, fabric), what fabric weave is it (eg satin, crepe?). Does it have any shoulder pads or other detailing like buttons? Does it have any darts? The more you can tell us, the more helpful it will be.

I haven't seen a fully machine embroidered jacket like this from the early 20th century but that doesn't mean that it isn't.

6. Quality Street

The jacket has no other labels. The fabric looks and feels like a vintage rayon. I have seen one other jacket on line with this label, it was listed as a 1920s jacket with piano shawl embroidery. I have several of these jackets and bought this particular jacket because it is like some of 20s jackets I have looked at in the past. The bow you see at the neckline actually ties at the neck. The other era I thought of was perhaps 40s but the shape and style is all wrong.

7. No darts or shoulder pads then? The image is out of focus so I can't see it clearly.

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I wish I could see a better lit photo of the piece, seams, etc.

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It does look like a lovely jacket and that does look like embroidery we see on piano shawls. Those embroidered jackets were very popular in the 20s and early 30s. The embroidered label is intriguing along with the monogram next to it which looks like a P and a T.