1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Pendleton Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Danielle 85, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Danielle 85

Danielle 85 Registered Guest

Hi! This is my first post here. I recently thrifted this coat and I'm trying not find out if the label is genuine or not and if so, how old it is. Usually when I find this label is says "warranted to be a" above Pendleton, but this one doesn't have it. The coat seems like good quality, but I'd like confirmation if it's legit or not. I emailed Pendleton customer service, but I haven't heard anything back and I'm not sure if they would help me out anyway. Thanks!
    -Danielle

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hi Danielle and welcome,

We can't help with the 'is it genuine?' issue (see forum rules), but I hope Pendleton will get back to you on that.

If you post a photo of the coat, someone may be able to help you on dating it.

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I agree with Ruth about seeing a photo of the actual garment.

Based just on the label, I'm inclined to think it may be vintage but not early, because of the "40" sizing tag sewn into the main tag stitching. Number sizing is comparatively recent for outerwear. My older Pendletons have had the size embroidered directly onto the Pendleton tag, as S, M, L.

4. Danielle 85

Danielle 85 Registered Guest

I couldn't figure out how to upload more than one photo. Here's a picture of the coat. The hood has a zipper down the middle and there's a pocket inside.

Attached Files: