1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One 1940s Garter Buckle

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by foofoogal, Oct 22, 2018.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I need one garter buckle in black with rubber part for a girdle.
    Anyone have a clue where to find one? Not newer plastic but rubber.

2. foofoogal

Just the rubber part is missing on one garter.

Thank you. A bit odd shape and marked Patented on the rubber part to be exact.
    The metal is marked So-Lo but I do not need it. Will try to put another pix but too large so will resize it.

Attached Files:

3. The photo is fine. That is a little unusual. I doubt I have one like it. Sorry.
    But the photo will help others

4. I've had hundreds of vintage girdles and suspender belts where the rubber is missing or damaged. I am yet to ever see a rubber end to replace them with, so I've just had to replace the whole piece x how ever many clips you have hanging down. I wish I could tell you something more helpful.

As a result, I hoard them when I find them. My best advice is to look for damaged black garters and hope you get lucky. Finding the old metal ones is hard, and yours is unusual.

foofoogal likes this.
  5. foofoogal

Thank you. That is what I planned to do buy an old one if possible. I will not replace them all as this is the only one like this.
    I had put the garment on the Q and A but here is a photo to see how many.

Attached Files:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is a beauty...good luck with finding the replacement piece, hopefully something will come along. I was not wise and threw out some old corsets a few years back as they were just too far gone, should have saved the buckles!

foofoogal likes this.
  7. foofoogal

Maybe I will just think it makes it sexier as one open. teehee.
    Thank you all.