1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

origin of 'Electric Fittings' label? from 70's striped maxi dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, May 1, 2011.

1. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Google Books is not a subscription service, so the problem must be due to the international status.

If you edit your profile here to include your e-mail address I will send you a .jpg of the relevant pages, but it will take me a little while to compile the page(s) for you and I need to feed the gajillion animals here first.

2. laughingmagpie

laughingmagpie Registered Guest

Pinkcoke, your last comment makes me wonder - did you take the 28" measurement along the seam below the bust (the seam you mention that's about 5" below the bust)? To me that would make sense as an underbust measurement for an adult size 10 from the era.

Jen

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

No Jen, the 28" measurement was across the middle of the front pieces you can see and meets the top of the back piece going around, this is actually larger than the underbust!!
    I think I confused you- there is no seam 5" under the bust, this was the point at which the side seams have been opened and sewn smaller. See the last picture I posted (which should in fact be vertical). I haven't measured it but the underbust may be some 2-3" smaller and the dress is this width for another 5" down... if you see what I mean?

Thankyou Marty that picture was taken backstage for a production of La Boheme I did last year that was set in the 1940's. (This was the Paris cafe scene if you know it -my twin sister on the left was an ice skater entertaining the customers)

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Where you singing a principal role or were you both in the chorus? (Inquiring opera-loving minds want to know!!!)

5. Bird

Bird Registered Guest

Hi Pincoke,
    Where abouts in the UK are you?
    It's always nice to have fellow vintage lovers in the local area......:USETHUMBUP:
    sharon xx