1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paganne fabric but only Ban-Lon label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by QuelleSurpriseVtg, Aug 6, 2017.

1. QuelleSurpriseVtg

QuelleSurpriseVtg VFG Member

I have this dress in signed Paganne fabric but the only label inside is a Ban-Lon label. Some of the construction details look a little sloppy. Could this be a home-sewn dress using Paganne fabric? IMG_1670.JPG IMG_1671.JPG IMG_1674.JPG

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

What a great dress!

With that label, I don't think it's handmade. And I have found that some Paganne dresses are not that well constructed. I'm not a seamstress but would guess it's because the jersey is hard to deal with.

3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

+ 1 on not being handmade. Jersey requires additional steps for a successful sewing project. It can curl easily when cut or handled.

TaraIndia likes this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. QuelleSurpriseVtg

QuelleSurpriseVtg VFG Member

Thanks for all your help!

6. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Great dress! The Paganne label probably came loose and fell off at some point in time. The sloppy construction could be home done alterations. Many people used to do their own alterations at home with varying levels of skill back then.

TaraIndia likes this.