1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patterned pants/trousers: Men's? Women's? Era?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by The Vintage Vendeuse, Jun 10, 2017.

1. I actually bought these thinking they were women's ( I was in a hurry shopping on my lunch hour) but now that I'm giving them a good look over I think they are men's? 1960s or 70s?
    Waist: 35 inches/ hip: 41 inches/ front rise: 13 inches,/side seam: 40 inches/ inseam: 29 1/2 inches.
    Nylon zip and metal closure all marked Talon.
    What would be good terms to describe the pattern and fabric? They're in virtually new condition. :)

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would say c. 1969 - 1971, and they are supposed to look unisexual, but I think they are men's because of the back pockets.

3. Yes, I agree with Jonathan - also the fly is facing the way it does on mens trousers.

4. Glad to hear that they are supposed to look unisexual, helps me not feel silly for thinking they were women's. And I am forever in awe of your ability to date garments so precisely!

I just checked my own jeans and khakis... they are definitely women's but the fly opens on the right just like these vintage trousers. Maybe the women's fly on the left is an Australian/European thing and not applicable in the USA? The buttons/plackets ARE opposite on men's/women's shirts here in the USA but I've never noticed the zipper opening being different.

5. That's something I did not know: thank you, about the fly. I assume it was the same in the US but not everything is.

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  6. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

These tapestry pants always remind me of Sonny and Cher and other pop stars of the late 60s.
    1d582b499efd042d591dda2a23ac614d.jpg 90b1444107a7f91270fa8ac785a4def7.jpg

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.