1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pauline goes vintage shopping, gets stuck in a dress then buys a nice jacket which I need help with

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pauline, May 29, 2010.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

I think in the short tearm that's how it will have to be worn, you never know what you find when your not looking for it!

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I love the colour of the jacket - beautiful! I find that jackets from the 40s and 50s look just great with jeans, when I haven't got a skirt or dress to wear them with.

And who hasn't got stuck in a vintage dress... me too :spin:!

Karin

3. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi, Pauline! Love the jacket! I wear lots of vintage jackets and mix them with modern. Nice dark jeans and a vintage jacket is my favorite work outfit! :D

4. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Mixing vintage and modern is a new concept for me lol, I know it's the most practical way for most ladies or you never be able to wear some of your vintage.

Karin .. And who hasn't got stuck in a vintage dress.:clapping:

5. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

"tuck them into the skirt or not and when I do they pucker up"

Tuck your blouses into your panty hose / girdle darling. There are also inside belts you can buy, but I don't know the proper term for them or where to buy them.

And I just had to tell ya that I almost got stuck in a vintage dress at home last nite. That's what I get for coveting the garments I'm supposed to be selling. :BAGUSE:

6. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Oh NO! not only a difficult situation, some of your future income might have gone. pleased you found a way out.

7. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Here is the above jacket off the hanger this time,
    [​IMG]

I changed my hair shade as it seamed to work better for this jacket and also wearing slightly heavier makeup styles as an experiment.

Pauline.

8. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

You look fabulous! Love both the pants and skirt with the jacket and really like your hair and make-up this way.

Definitely a good look for you!

Linn

9. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

thank you Linn i am pleased with the results.

10. Fabulous, for sure! I too like your new hair color and style.
    The jeans look really compliment your figure.

11. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Fabulous Pauline! And yes, this hairstyle is very flattering and youthful! Wonderful look. :)

12. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

oh my goodness! i KNEW that color would be great for you, but look at your new hair and makeup!! that is FABulous!!! i wish I could take 10 years off so easily!!

13. Agree that the jacket looks lovely on you, and I also like the longer length skirt too.

N

14. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Wow! You look great, that jacket is a winner. And I love the seamed stockings, that's such a great detail!

Ruth

15. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you very much for all your nice comments, I just hope that I not boring you too much with it.

16. Ohh! yes! the jacket looks fabulous Pauline! i love it! its a great color! and looks nice w/ the skirt and the pants.

do you have a floral print dress with that same color in it? you might get even more versatility wearing it over the dress as well. you look fabulous!

and i do love the new hair color. .its youthful and makes your eyes stand out. love the look! love it! von

17. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you, I am short on dresses which would work with this jacket, in fact none.

I keep my eye out,
    or should I say I stuck for dresses and sometime literarily stuck :help:

18. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Those photos are beautiful!!!

Lei

19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member