1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect Fashions Label is it Vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by wyogems, Nov 12, 2019.

1. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I found this puzzling dress I am thinking it might be 70s / 80s? Maybe a JC penny teen label? What do you think and have you seen the label?

DSCF6013.JPG DSCF6015.JPG DSCF6029.JPG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

This one would puzzle me too! No other labels at all? What does the zipper look like? The label itself looks modern-ish to me.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

This one is a mystery...label looks newer and so does the bow belt. The dress itself has an early 60s look to it.

4. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

There are no other labels and the zipper is nylon. Does not strike me as a bridesmaid dress maybe sweet 16. Here is another picture of the label. DSCF6129.JPG

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Looks 80s to me.

wyogems likes this.
  6. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

I might be wrong, but the little hearts in the label look as if they are something more modern, given that I haven't seen anything like them in any label pre-1980s/1990s.

7. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I would expect a modern dress to have some kind of manufacture label. Like made in China lol
    There is no indication a a tag being removed

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  8. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

The depiction of the girl is kind of funky with the long hair I am leaning towards 70s, the bodice is boned. Ah well I will sit on it for awhile and see if I want to list it or not

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  9. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

I would vote for an 80's prom dress. The label looks as though it's geared towards that buyer.

wyogems likes this.
  10. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I agree the bows were so popular in the 80s and will be putting Prom in the title along with sweet 16
    Thank you everyone for chiming in. I really like the dress and this board.