Perfect Fashions Label is it Vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by wyogems, Nov 12, 2019.

1. wyogems

wyogems Trade Member

I found this puzzling dress I am thinking it might be 70s / 80s? Maybe a JC penny teen label? What do you think and have you seen the label?

DSCF6013.JPG DSCF6015.JPG DSCF6029.JPG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Midge

Midge Trade Member

This one would puzzle me too! No other labels at all? What does the zipper look like? The label itself looks modern-ish to me.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

4. wyogems

wyogems Trade Member

There are no other labels and the zipper is nylon. Does not strike me as a bridesmaid dress maybe sweet 16. Here is another picture of the label. DSCF6129.JPG

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

Looks 80s to me.

wyogems likes this.
  6. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

I might be wrong, but the little hearts in the label look as if they are something more modern, given that I haven't seen anything like them in any label pre-1980s/1990s.

7. wyogems

wyogems Trade Member

I would expect a modern dress to have some kind of manufacture label. Like made in China lol
    There is no indication a a tag being removed

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  8. wyogems

wyogems Trade Member

The depiction of the girl is kind of funky with the long hair I am leaning towards 70s, the bodice is boned. Ah well I will sit on it for awhile and see if I want to list it or not

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  9. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

I would vote for an 80's prom dress. The label looks as though it's geared towards that buyer.

wyogems likes this.
  10. wyogems

wyogems Trade Member

I agree the bows were so popular in the 80s and will be putting Prom in the title along with sweet 16
    Thank you everyone for chiming in. I really like the dress and this board.