1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Persian Curly Wool Coat Damage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Jan 13, 2020.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

I'm acquiring a jacket with some damage to the exterior, I have no experience with Persian wool. It seems some of it is...coming off? Does anyone know anything about repairing something like this?

Also looking for guidance on the tag. I've found styles by Lepshire online but can't seem to find anything about "Persian of Paris".

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you please give us a close up shot of that actual label so we can read what it states.
    The coat looks like Persian lamb fur (by the way the word Persian can no longer be used when selling online, it is now called curly lamb)
    It may well be a faux fur fabric that was made to imitate it.

3. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

I’m sorry, that’s the best photo I have at the moment! but it reads:

famous French fabric
    Persian of Paris
    styled by Lepshire
    clean by fur coat method only

I’m thinking it may be faux, but I believe the collar is real

4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

The collar is genuine mink fur and the body is faux. I see what looks like adhesive or dried glue on the back. I personally do not have experience with repairs like this but maybe someone else does. I don't know a lot about the label itself however I have seen it often in faux furs.

emilyanneweber likes this.
  5. I would be afraid it would keep tearing or coming undone.
    If you are planning to resell this, it may be an issue.

emilyanneweber likes this.