1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography workshop - day 1

Discussion in 'Photography Workshop 2005 by Connie' started by connie, Jul 25, 2005.

1. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

Connie this is *superb*!

This is invaluable information for me as I'm one of those girls who deeply hates going into shops, asking questions to electronically knowledgable men and getting one of three *deeply* irritating responces

1) the "who let the dumb blonde in here?" look
    2) talking complete gobledegook jargon at me til the point where my head spins and I'm so confused I forget how to consturct a sentence! Closely followed by "you don't understand anything I've just said do you. Look lady, just buy the expensive one and tell me what colour you want it in."
    3) "I'll explain this in baby words and then you'll understand me"

I HATE all of that! I am constantly on the hunt for electrical/mechanical shops and services where the staff answer my questions straight. So far I've located a roadside rescue service, a computer repair shop, and a mechanics... and I thought I desperately needed a camera shop too as I'm deeply in need of investing money on a digital camera, but now I have Connie to explain everything to me so I can order what I want without silly salesmen interfering! YAY!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now I'm beginning to understand things, and I have proper words to use rather than walking in and going "one of those thingies that does that stuff that makes this happen" LOL! *and* I might stop feeling inferior next to my parents as mum is a fabulous photographer and dad reads too many "what camera" type publications. :)

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

2. connie

connie Alumni

Glad I could be of help. (blush, blush)

I know what you're saying. There's nothing worse than that "there, there, little lady" attitude you get all the time. Be careful what you ask for though:horny:
    Tomorrow I'll be getting into the real technical aspects of photography. You should really sound like a pro after that.

Connie