1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help date dress 60's or 70's ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Novachick, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Novachick

Novachick Registered Guest

Hello! I am very new to vintage clothing and picked this up at a yard sale. It only has 1 tag, Mr. Jac. No fabric content tag. 1 snap at the bottom of the deep V, and the round black buttons go all the way to the bottom. It fully opens up like a robe. Any help is greatly appreciated!! I was thinking 60's ?

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Lovely dress. I can see why it is hard to determine the era, as I see late 1960s and also very early 1970s in this garment. Might be 1969-1971. I am leaning to circa 1970. What is the fabric? Is it cotton, rayon, or a synthetic? Is it like crepe texture?

Novachick and Jonathan like this.
  3. Novachick

Thank you so much for your reply! I am honestly not sure of the fabric but leaning toward Rayon or cotton. It is a very light weave with a lining like texture to it. Definately thin enough to be semi sheer when in some light. Is has an inner lining which is the ivory color and the outer floral patterned shell. I forgot to mention in my original post that is also has pockets on both sides if the waist :) I really appreciate your help!

4. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

looks like 70s to me!

Novachick likes this.
  5. Novachick

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Adamina likes this.