1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me with fabric on this Lillie Rubin..

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by thevintagebungalow, Sep 18, 2008.

1. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I'm having one of those days. I'm trying to get something things up on RL and its not coming easy!

I have this Lillie Rubin dress. The smooth fabric is quite heavy with a soft sheen. It reminds me of a heavy silk shantung without the slub threads. Can I get some hand holding please??? TIA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

Does it have any textures?
    I think it might be one that we've talked about before around here...I think Jody or Claire had a special name for it, although my brain is failing. For some reason the words Denver and crystal are floating in my head. But then a lot of things drift about in there. here. :D

3. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

It has the very finest of textures. It is really quite smooth although you can see the weave in the fabric. My brain is failing tonight, too, it must be something in the air...:wacko:

4. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Is it satin? If it's really heavy with a soft glow, then it's Duchesse satin. If its a bit duller, and that lovely worsted wool/silk blend so popular in the 60's, it's Alaskine (Claire taught me that).

5. I can't help on the fabric, but that is just the sweetest little dress!

I love the really pronounced beading at the bodice and cuffs.