1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLETHORA OF HIDDEN GEMS

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Amy Baker, Mar 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Amy Baker

Amy Baker Registered Guest

Hidden Treasures!!

I am the Costumer for our local theatre and run the costume shop that is OVERFLOWING and I’m finally to a point where I’m done costuming shows and cleaning and organizing the costumes and clothing we have. I estimate a packed house of 3200 sq feet of costumes and mostly clothing donated for the last 50 years that no one with a keen eye has gone through!

Over the years I’ve recognized good labels and researched some and put those items back for when I knew I would start this project. So on to my question and I really need some advice here....

Just barely touching the surface of all these clothes, I’ve found a couple 60s Lilly Pulitzer dresses, Lily Diamond Dress, a Lucie Ann Caftan, Miss JoAnn California Sweater Dress and a few more. I know these aren’t super great finds, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head. I have some 60s Neiman Marcus stuff and Saks. I know there’s got to be some great stuff just waiting to be found.

I want to sell these items, but not looking to setting up a business of selling Vintage Clothing as my passion is sewing costumes and running the rental business. I am looking for someone that would want to come look at or let me send photos and work out a deal where someone else sells them. We are in SW Oklahoma and wondering if there’s anyone near that would want to come look at what we have or maybe have me send photos. I am taking each dress, coat, jacket and researching the labels and setting them aside. I’ve only gone through one small rack in the front and found these plus a few great handmade dresses from small boutiques in DC and Dallas.

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Oh boy, I wish I were closer!

Amy Baker likes this.
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Maybe sell them in lots on eBay?

Amy Baker likes this.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

@thespectrum this is the opposite side of the state for you??

if i were closer, i'd be there with my truck...but i'm way up in Iowa....

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Amy.

Well you certainly have a large project, but it sounds very worthwhile. I do wish I lived closer, but I am on the West Coast. My specialty is hats and millinery, and if you would consider selling just the hats I would be interested in communicating with you about that. A lot of hats can fit in a large box, no fancy packing is needed, and the weight is not so great, and I would of course pay full shipping charges on as many boxes as you have. You could send photos or make a list, etc. If this is something that you might consider, please contact me here.

Best of success to you.

Amy Baker likes this.
  6. Amy Baker

Thank you for your reply! Here is a quick photo of the wall of hats! It’s on the left side and then all the way down to the very back of the hall. There’s also another shelf full of hats and purses I didn’t take a photo of. Can I give you my email and phone number so we can talk more about it? I’d like to keep some for costuming needs, but we have so much to get rid of, and there’s too much to look through, we usually just buy something instead of going Thru all of it!

7. Amy Baker

8. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Dear Amy,

I sent you a message last week, did you get that?

Regards,

9. Amy Baker

I did and replied to it I think....